Custom DNA Oligos: Specifications
- Chemistry:Eurofins Genomics uses the robust and well established
ß cyanoethyl phosphoramidite method
- Synthesizers: High performance, fully-automated, fully-documented,
and validated synthesizers for single, massive parallel, and large-scale syntheses
- Solid Supports: Pre-packed, controlled-pore solid supports
- Synthesis Scales Available:
- 10 nmol, 50 nmol, 200 nmol, 1.0 µmol, and 10 µmol
- Large Scale Synthesis: Yields from milligram to multi-gram
- Reagents: Certified high purity, ultra-dry reagents qualified
for use in manufacturing through proprietary processes
- Typical Synthesis Step Coupling Efficiency Yield: 99% and
- Maximum Sequence Length: 125mer (please call technical support
for extended lengths)
- Deprotection: Proprietary gas-phase deprotection leading to
- Purification (optional):
- HPSF® Purity (High Purity Salt Free)
- QuickLC™ Purity
- Ion Exchange and/or Reversed-Phase HPLC Purity
- Polyacrylamide Gel Electrophoresis (PAGE) Purity
- Final Form: (according to customer request)
- Dried material; Total yield or specific amount in nmol or
- Solution; Specific and/or normalized concentration
- Custom-labeled microfuge tube, 96-well, or 384-well plate
An Oligonucleotide Data Sheet is provided with each order:
Sequence 5' to 3'
Molecular Weight [g]
% G/C Content
E260; Oligo Specific Extinction Coefficient
Melting Temperature [Tm]
Oligo Purification Level
Vol of buffer [µl] to add to tube/well to make a 100 µM stock solution
Custom Oligo Quality Control (QC) and Quality Assurance (QA)
Quality is an integral part of the Eurofins Genomics oligonucleotide synthesis service.
Ordering via the Eurofins Genomics website at www.eurofinsgenomics.co.in eliminates
data re-entry errors. To allow order tracking throughout the manufacturing process,
each order and each sequence within that order are automatically assigned unique
Eurofins Genomics uses proven high quality raw materials from reliable suppliers;
all reagents are lot tested and must pass purity tests prior to use. Fully-automated,
barcode-equipped production systems capture real-time synthesis information for
each oligo, and all oligos are analyzed by UV spectrophotometry to obtain an optical
density (OD) measurement.
All oligos are analyzed by MALDI-TOF or ESI mass spectrometry, depending upon oligo
length. Selected oligos longer than 50 bases are analyzed by polyacrylamide gel
electrophoresis (PAGE) and statistical analyses are performed to monitor oligo quality.
In addition, oligos are regularly sampled for analysis by capillary gel electrophoresis
Any oligo that fails to meet our specifications is resynthesized. Our stringent
quality processes result in high quality oligonucleotides.
The final yield of each oligo is determined by measuring the absorbance at 260 nm
using an automated spectrophotometer. Absorbance readings are transferred into the
Eurofins Genomics network database. Conversion of readings to microgram and nanomole
equivalents is computerized.
Eurofins Genomics. All rights reserved.